Polygel is a breakthrough in the beauty industry, an enhanced version of nail polish. In a simile way, polygel is considered as a love product of acrylic and gel, converged to the best qualities and left out the bad ones. After reading this article, I bet you will feel anxious to rush to the store and buy it right away, let’s wait and see!
What Is Polygel? – General Information
Polygel formula is a gel base combined with acrylic powder to increase hardness and photoinitiator. As a result, the product will very quickly dry under LED and UV light. This kind of nail polish is definitely put to trust by professional nail technicians because it is a unique design for them.
Polygel can be applied to the natural nails as an overlay as well as over the top of pins if you like something different. Polygel is a gel that you can squeeze out of a tube, or cut into small “slices” when used with special “PolyTool” tools. Then, it is pressed flat or rolled to place on the nails, and shaped with liquid and brush.
What Makes Polygel Stand Out?
Flexible Gel Dry Time
The most outstanding advantage of Polygel is that the gel does not dry out, you can find it easy to shape for nails anytime. The problem is just whether you want it dry or not because it wholly dried under the LED and UV light in only 30 seconds.
So, nail techs have to be “against the clock” to shape the nails for clients or pay attention meticulously to prevent the glue from sticking to the skin, which is now just a bygone.
Lightweight and fresh
Polygel really works a miracle on the nails, it gives a feeling as light as a feather. While acrylics are 23% heavier and traditional hard gels are 16% heavier. Moreover, the pleasant fragrance is a positive point, which is so great for those who can’t stand the smell of acrylic but like the look of it.
When you place the gel on your nails, it does not move even if you swing your hand hard due to its excellent adhesion, you must use the brush to level it. Thanks to the mixture of acrylic and gel, Polygel nails are more flexible and more durable. If you are afraid that your nails can be damaged while you are washing clothes and washing dishes, Polygel will solve it.
Easy to remove
Instead of soaking your nails in acetone, for Polish nails, you can remove it by filing with a standard file or electronic file, then buff off the polish. This process is not as time-consuming and difficult as acrylic and gel nails.
How to use Polygel?
- Push back the cuticle area and the sidewalls to remove dead skin off every finger carefully by using a clipper or a cuticle pusher
- File your nails to the short form
- Buff your nails with a file to remove the shine
- Use 70-90% alcohol or dehydration to remove fat on the surface of the nails
- Apply a thin layer of acid-free primer
- Cure your nails under the UV lamp in 30 seconds
- Squeeze the gel out of the tube with a spatula and apply it to the nail form you choose
- Dip your brush into the slip solution; then, flatten the gel thinner to the edge but make it thicker at the end
- Press the form to your actual nails lightly
- Remove any excess gel and cure for 1 minute in the UV lamp
- Wiggle the form slightly until it pops off
- Remove dust with cloth or brush
- Seal the nails again with one layer of topcoat
And done! Let’s enjoy your lovely nails.
To wrap up
All general information and features about Polygel are covered in this “What is Polygel” article. Let’s introduce to your friends and clients about benefits from Polygel, Polygel will make their nails more premium, it’s worth the experience. After all, a healthy and beautiful nail set is the most important, Polygel is undoubtedly the best choice for you.